Saturday, February 6, 2010

GPS Drawings

After doing our project I've been looking into other GPS drawings people have done, the first I found was known as "the Biggest Drawing in the World' It was however fabricated but the idea was solid.
Below is a brief description of the project.

The finished "GPS" Drawing
Other smaller projects of a similar style have however been ligitimitly completed.
Below are a few examples from GPSDrawing.com





Location: Edmunds Park, Didcot, Oxfordshire
Dates: 10/5/02
Track Length: 3.17 km
Average Speed:
4.8 km/h
Method: Shanks's Pony
Credits: Hugh Pryor






GPS Drawing over Europe made with five consecutive Ryanair flights
5414 miles in 68 hours for £74 from London Stansted airport to London Stansted airport.


With this inspiration I have decided to use Google Latitude to create my own GPS Drawings of my trip home from Plymouth to Southampton, then to Wolverhampton then back to Plymouth.
I may try to make a picture along the way but I just want to test out the technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment