Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Stonehouse Layer

Introduction
For our Stonehouse project my group (Luke Mears, Ben Quinney, Jon Moore) have been asked to show how we perceive Stonehouse using a birds-eye-view map. The map will show how people can still get a perspective on the world with a birds-eye-view but do they see it in a different way? I have decided to make a picture of areas of desirability in Stonehouse I will do this using colours, as it is another way people perceive things in a different context. Red will show the bad areas and green will show the good areas. This is a similar style to the game Sim City, developed by Maxis. The picture shown below is of the areas in the city with the most pollution and therefore least desirable.


Sim City 4


I will design the map using a lasso and paint bucket tool drawing around the areas. To decide which areas I feel are in different categories I will use the Google Maps satellite tool and also drive around the Stonehouse area before I draw the map.
After everyone in the group has made their design we will put the layers together, then go around Stonehouse to see if our designs reflect how the area actually is.

My Design
Joint Design



No comments:

Post a Comment